Payroll Specialist Course TESDA AccreditedInquire Now
Become a PAYROLL SPECIALIST in just 4 months!
Not all companies are large enough or have the means to have a whole team solely dedicated to the payroll function. Salaries and wages are every employee’s basic need therefore accounting for it is one of company’s or business organization’s core processses. Keeping it in place is absolutely indispensable.
Here, you’ll learn the following:
- Statutory compliance/legal requirements and aspects in payroll
- Tax implications in payroll
- Accounting and recordkeeping in payroll
- Accurate calculation of payroll
- Future trends and best practices of payroll
- Outsourcing the payroll process
- Roles of the payroll specialist
- Employer payroll obligations
Some highlights of what you will obtain after completing this course are:
- A payroll specialist seeking to have a comprehensive refresher or update solely focused on the the payroll function
- An employee in a small company handling general administrative functions suddenly assigned to handle the company’s payroll
- Any individual with absolutely no background in the payroll function seeking to become a Payroll Specialist ---a highly valued role in any company
- Anyone looking for a sound career investment that can be geared towards further education on accounting, management, human relations, business and other highly-valued, related fields
- Leading workplace communication
- Developing and practicing negotiation Skills
- Solving problems concerning work
- Using mathematical concepts and techniques
- Using relevant technologies
TOTAL HOURS : 120 HOURS
METHODOLOGIES : LECTURE, GROUP DISCUSSION, ORAL PRESENTATION, ROLE PLAYING, PLANNING SESSION, DEMONSTRATION ON ROLE PLAYING, SEATWORK, INDIVIDUAL REPORTING, BRAINSTORMING, DEMONSTRATION ON LECTURE, CLASSWORK, SIMULATION
- Supplying information for management control
- Contributing to the maintenance of a healthy, safe and productive working environment
- Maintaining employee records
- Completing and maintaining key documents and records
- Providing an overview of the payroll function
- Understanding confidentiality, security and other statutory Responsibilities
TOTAL HOURS : 96 HOURS
METHODOLOGIES : LECTURE, GROUP DISCUSSION, INDIVIDUAL REPORTING, CASE STUDIES, DEMONSTRATION ON LECTURE, CLASSWORK, SIMULATION
- Calculating gross pay
- Adjusting pay for statutory contributions and deductions
- Determining net pay
- Making and recording payments
- Understanding different methods of payment
- Processing payroll for leaving employees
- Adjusting pay for employee’s compensation program and retirement benefits
- Applying principles of internal control
TOTAL HOURS : 202 HOURS
METHODOLOGIES : LECTURE, GROUP DISCUSSION, INDIVIDUAL REPORTING, CASE STUDIES, DEMONSTRATION ON LECTURE, CLASSWORK, SIMULATIONSummary
- Total hours of real business case: 80
- Total hours of learning: 418
- High School Graduate
- High School Diploma
- Form 137
- College Undergraduate
- High School Diploma
- Transcript of Records
- College Graduate
- College Diploma
- Transcript of Records
Sarah Saavedra-Songalia is the Managing Director of Saavedra Songalia & Associates.
Sarah started her professional career early during her college days at University of the Philippines Tacloban Campus, working part time for the Commission on Audit (COA) and the Social Security System. After obtaining her CPA, she formally ventured into the world of accounting with Sycip, Gorres and Velayo (SGV), the country’s premier accounting firm. She worked with the Audit, Consulting and Outsourcing departments, which kicked off her progressive career in the industry.
John Xavier S. Chavez, MFM
JX is an entrepreneur, business consultant and works in the academe as an Assistant Professor for Mapua Institute of Technology. Currently, trainer/facilitator for Entrepreneurs Accounting Academy.
Cristina M. Eclar, CPA
Cristina Manahan-Eclar graduated from the Philippine School of Business Administration (PSBA), Manila, Philippines with a degree of Bachelor of Science in Accountancy. She has more than eight (8) years of experience in accounting, five (5) of which is in public practice. She was an Accounting Manager for Teriyaki Boy Group, Inc. She also worked as an Assistant Manager for Citibank and as Senior Auditor at Diaz Murillo Dalupan and Company and Audit Supervisor at Manabat Sanagustin and Company, CPAs (formerly Laya Mananghaya and Company; a member firm of KPMG).To date, she is one of the facilitators at the Entrepreneurs Accounting Academy specializing in accounting for non accountants, cash flow management and taxation.
Enrique Ramon G. Lintag, CPA
Rick has over 37 years of experience in Accounting, including 5 years with Non-Profit Organizations. He was the Administrator of a foreign manufacturer of computer parts. Most of his career, he was an Accountant in the Aerospace and Airline Industry and has worked with a range of clients in the business and tax services area as well. Rick is also a very passionate on sharing his knowledge and experience in Accounting.
Carlson O. Bacorro, CPA, RCA
He has almost 4 years of experience in Financial Accounting and Controlling. Previously, he worked for Bayer Business Services Philippines, Inc. (BBSPI) as an Internal Accountant.
Rosalyn M. Bagsik, CPA, MBA
Rosalyn 'Lyn' M. Bagsik graduated from the University of Sto. Tomas with a degree of BSC major in Accounting.She obtained her Masters in Business Administration (MBA) Degree from Ateneo de Manila University. Lyn has more than 15 years of combined experience in the areas of Financial Management, Taxation, Budget and Forecast, Treasury, and Financial Reporting and Analysis gained from various multinational companies including Nielsen, Colliers International, and Fitness First.
Currently, Lyn is a facilitator at Entrepreneur Accounting Academy since 2014.