NDT Certification Course : Advanced Level II Infrared Thermography Course | December 9th-12th,2019 | Manila PHInquire Now
In compliance to industry standards our organization the Institute of Infrared Thermography follows the American Society of Non-destructive Testing (ASNT) and British Institute of Non-destructive Testing (BINDT). In Philippines, they follow ASNT.
Level I stated in the introduction into T/IR Inspection Test Technique. According to all NDT standards there are 3 Levels of Certification. Level 1 is only the beginning, being in the compliance standards must work under the guidance of Level II Certified
individuals. Therefore at the Level 1 criteria are met, the L1 must advance to a Level 2 status.
Advanced: Level II Infrared Thermography Certification Course
The Institute of Infrared Thermography is one of the foremost providers of Infrared Thermography Training in the world! We’re flexible and can deliver the training you and your company requires, where and when you need it. Providing education and training courses of all types internationally since 1984!
Level II Course follows the ASNT recommended course curriculum, and will be conducted in accordance with ASNT-TC-1A, SNTC outline and procedure for LII.
The Level II Infrared Thermography Training Course is designed for practicing Level I thermographers who are interested in advancing their inspection kills and application knowledge. Where Level 1 concentrated on Qualitative e thermography.
Level 2 is focus on Quantitative: temperature, emissivity and transmissivity and the use of information ( definitions, equations, tables etc..) available to thermographers. Advanced theory, applications, equipment operations, thermal analysis and inspection techniques, marketing, plus much more is presented in a simple, easy to learn hands on fashion.
This hands on course will assist you to strengthen and improve thermography skills for condition monitoring and non-destructive testing applications for improved accuracy and diagnosis.
Intermediate Thermal Infrared Physics
- Basic Calculations for Three Modes of Heat Transfer
- Conduction Principles and Elementary Calculations
o Thermal resistance
o Heat capacitance
- Convection Principles and Elementary Calculations
- Radiation Principles and Elementary Calculations
- The Infrared Spectrum
- Planck’s Law/Curves
- Spectral Emittance of Real Surfaces
- Semi-Transparent Windows and Filters
- Radiosity Challenges
- Blackbodies – Theory/ Concepts
- Emittance Problems
- Specular and Diffuse Emitters
- Lambertian Emitters Angular Sensitivity
- Effects of Emittance Errors
- Best practices to reduce Effects of Reflection
- Theoretical Corrections
- Transmittance Problems
- Quantifying Partial Transmittance
- Theoretical Corrections
- Resolution Test and Calculations
- IFOV and FOV Measurements and Calculations
- Slit Response Function-Measurement, Calculations, Interpretationsand Comparisons
- Resolutions vs. Lens and Distance
Level II Thermal Infrared Operations
- Infrared Measurement & Quantification
- Advanced Measurements
- Quantifying Target Surface Emittance
- Accounting for and calculation Transmission losses
- Quantifying Temperature Profiles
- Producing and Recording Appropriate Images
- Special Equipment for “Active” Techniques
- Hot or Cold Fluid Energy Sources
- Heat Lamp / Flash Lamp/ Laser Energy
- Advanced Reports and Documentation
Level II Infrared Partial Applications
- Active Applications
- Insulations Flaws
- Moisture in aircraft bodies
- Delaminations in Composites
- Bond Quality of Coatings
- Location of High Heat Capacity
- Filtered Applications
- Semi-Transparent Targets
- Transient Applications
- Imaging a Rapidly Moving Process
- Thermal Transients
- Software to assist diagnosis
- Asset Management
- Reliability Centered Maintenance (RCM), PdM and CBM
- Advanced Temperature Measurement Methods
- Accurate field quantification
- Baseline and Trending
- Advanced Applications
- Electrical Thermography
- Accounting for load and wind effects
- The cost of electrical fault
- Mechanical Systems
- Diagnosing the mechanical systems
- Student driven Application Discussion Level II Examination
- Electrical Thermography
A course completion certificate from Level I thermography course is require to be a Level II student.
Mr. Ron Newport, BSC. Elect. Eng.; FI. Diag. Eng.; Level III Thermographer
The Institute of Infrared Thermography (IRT) is the training division of the group of companies headed by the principle Mr. Ron Newport. The principle company, Global Condition Monitoring INC., provides training and education in Predictive Maintenance techniques as well as inspections and consulting services. His first company, Infraview Energy Analysis, was a successful IR inspection company that was started in 1977 at a time when thermography was virtually unknown for industrial applications. Ron has enjoyed a 35+ year career in Infrared Thermography and Predictive Maintenance. Today, he still performs inspections and training with partners around the world.
Mr Newport is an internationally acclaimed expert within the infrared industry and is recognised worldwide as the number one educator, developer, promoter of infrared thermography. He performed his first infrared course for Petrochemical Inspection Engineers from around the world in 1979. He was instrumental in developing the Level I and Level II courses. In 1984, he developed and conducted the first ever Level II thermography training course in the world.
IRT is an independent Infrared Training Organization. We do not belong to or are owned by any Infrared Camera Sales Company of Infrared manufacturer. IRT arranges courses in which all can attend, no matter which brand of infrared camera owned. This means you receive unbiased education on any infrared camera you have.
We are thoroughly knowledgeable with every brand of instrument. Infrared manufacturers and sales representatives sell cameras into nearly every country in the world and send students to our Institute to train. This means IRT potentially provides training in over 32 countries. Beside the regularly scheduled courses, IRT provides specific on-site training at large companies that have several thermographers on staff. We have trained hundreds of organizations like Intel, ESSO, PetroCanada, Mobil Oil, Shell, Norsk Hydro, Ontario Power, Singapore Power, TNB (Malaysia Power), General Motors, Ford, Westinghouse, Eaton/Cuttler Hammer, and so on.