COURSE DESCRIPTION: One of the critical facets in Human Resources Management is Labor Relations. Effective managing of labor relations is the key in developing and sustaining harmonious relationship between the employer and employees. However, HR professionals are having challenges in handling labor issues and disputes due to various and relevant labor laws and regulations that need to consider in order to ensure just and lawful execution of the latter.
Additionally, due to differences in perspectives, it is a challenge to benchmark the best-practices in handling labor issues and disputes. Hence, the focus of this course is to know the Psychology behind handling labor relations from HR’s perspectives.
In this module, we will discuss the key concepts and principles of labor relations from HR’s perspective which includes the appropriate mindset in handling labor issues and disputes.
The learning session will start with the concepts and principles of labor relations from HR’s perspective, followed by understanding the rule on determining employee-employer relationship. After the discussion, there will be a discussion on appropriate HR’s mindset in handling labor issues and disputes attached with case study and mini-workshop. The session will wrap by providing tips on effective managing of labor relations in the workplace.
COURSE OBJECTIVES: At the end of this course, participants will be able to:
1. Define and explain the principles of labor relations in the workplace from HR’s perspective;
2. Describe the role of HR in managing labor relations in the workplace;
3. Demonstrate the appropriate mindset in handling labor issues and disputes; and
4. Practice strategies in executing disciplinary actions in the workplace.
METHODOLOGY: Highly Interactive Discussions and Workshop, Case Study, Fun Group Learning Activities
I. Basic Principles of Labor Relations
a. General Labor Standards
b. Mandatory Company Policies
II. Employee-employer Relationship
a. Employment Contract
b. Due Process
c. Just Causes
d. Authorized Causes
III. HR’s Mindset in Managing Labor Issues and Disputes
IV. Managing Labor Complaints
|Sat||08:30 AM — 12:30 PM|
|No. of Days:||1|
COMPETAD stands for Competitive Advantage. In the ever pressing demands of competition in the business community, what can truly set apart a company is its ability to gain a competitive advantage. This is something that can only be attained through the enhancement of the human resource. As COMPETAD specializes in providing you quality training, we hope to provide a competitive advantage to our aspiration partners*.
Formally launching on August 10, 2015, COMPETAD takes the next step to success by establishing itself as a business and building an online presence. Uniting a force of highly trained professionals, consultants, and specialists into one organization, here are our vision and mission for the business:
- To be the nation’s leader in providing high quality training that will ensure a greater productivity to the widest possible range of companies from various industries.
- To provide high quality and competitive training solutions to our aspiration partners* while putting together the best professionals in their respective industries into one organization in delivering effective and result-driving competency programs. ...