Highlights of trainings:
• Transformer theoretical basics and
- Transformer theoretical manufacturing processes
- Phasor, classification of use, construction & cooling
- Tap changer, rating and specifications, standards
- Insulating oil, transformer loading, protection
- Electrical tests and maintenance and internationally accepted tests & methodologies for periodic and predictive maintenance program
- Transformer applications and manufacturing
- Hands on testing
- Assessments by hands on
Substation Apparatus Maintenance Program:
This 24-hour practical course provides you with methods and procedures used internationally. Predictive, periodic or condition based (on line diagnostics and monitoring) maintenance are basic methodologies in substation maintenance. The course is for a beginner, or an experienced maintenance technical staff who wants to be effective as a test engineer, and for an advanced test engineer to learn new concepts in power transformer testing, oil recycling or oil filtering concept, and basic results interpretation. The course will also focus on issues related to causes of bushing breakdown, arresters, oil, impedance, leakage reactance and most of all short circuits rating a transformer can withstand.
Please note the course content does not include DGA (dissolved gas analysis) completely. The unpredictability of operation lies in the way substation assets are maintained and this technical training and participants will be guided on how to become a substation maintenance engineer improve his knowledge based on international standards.
TESDA Accredited Training Program:
The EPIRA law mandates reliability, efficiency, and practically zero downtime in substation apparatus operation. Technical services group, power system maintenance team and facilities maintenance engineers are the front liners in ensuring the asset longevity operation and recovery of investments.
Who should attend:
This course will enhance the understanding and increase competencies for:
- Engineers & technicians in the utilities handling substation maintenance
- Engineers and electricians in commercial and industrial maintenance
- Electrical consultants and designers and electrical project managers
- Electrical engineering graduates who would like to be test engineers and Technicians for substation
At the end of the program, the participants will be able to:
- Discuss basic transformer fundamentals.
- Understand the latest transformer technology.
- Discuss making of a transformer.
- Enumerate basic oil and transformer testing methodology protocol.
- Identify and solve concerns of on the job practices.
- Discuss equipment application.
- Demonstrate actual IPF methodology and testing procedures.
DAY 1 (8 hours)
- Theory of Operation
- Magnetic Circuits
- Classification of Transformers
- Losses in Transformers
- Performance Tests
- Basic Insulation System
- Transformer Rating
- Transformer Connections
- MAKING OF A TRANSFORMER
- Engineering Process
- Key Materials
- Manufacturing Process
- Design Optimization Process
- Interactions with Customers
- Electrical Design Process
- Mechanical Design Process
- Finite Element Analysis
- Manufacturing Process
DAY 2 (8 hours)
INSULATION POWER FACTOR TESTING
- Overall Test Connection
- Test Summary
- Calculated CHL
- Two Winding Transformer Overall Test Sheet
- Power and Distribution Transformers
- Analysis of Oil Filled Power Transformer
DAY 3 (8 hours)
HANDS-ON: TRANSFORMER TEST PROCEDURES
- Power Transformer Bushing
- Leakage Reactance or Short Circuit Impedance Test
- Transformer Exciting Current Test
- Transformer Turns Ratio Tests
Engr. Rodolfo R. Penalosa, PEE, PECE, Apec Engr.
Engr. Penalosa’s experience comes from an extensive background of more than 30 years as a Professional Electrical Engineer. He is also a technical speaker and an official delegate for various conferences and seminars such as Power System Maintenance in Doble Engineering Conference in Boston, Electrical Design Simulation Analysis on Short Circuit at San Diego California and Power Quality – High Voltage Power Factor Correction with Harmonics at Finland to name a few. Engr. Penalosa is also the former Chairman of the Board of Electrical Engineering of the Professional Regulation Commission, former Chairman for the Technical Panel for Engineering at Commission on Higher Education (CHED) and former President at Institute of Integrated Electrical Engineers of the Philippines (IIEE) and Society for Philippine Electrical Contractors and Suppliers Inc. (SPECS) and former President of the (COFILCO) Confederation of Filipino Consulting Organization. Engr. Penalosa is currently the President of WESTCO Electrical Equipment Corp. and ( PamavTech), PAMAV Training Institute & Technology Center, Inc.
Engr. Eduardo M. Pabuna, Jr. REE
Engr. Pabuna has 15 years of experience in electrical design simulations, power system studies and substation testing, that makes Engr. Pabuna an experienced electrical professional and facilitator for this program. He is also a resource speaker for various international and local conferences/seminars such as IIEE, Meralco and ABB to name a few. His engineering practice also involves supply, installation, testing and commissioning for major clients like National Power Corporation, Cebu-Mactan Interconnection project, Lafarge Cement, Clark Substation NGCP Project, San Miguel Corporation and various electric cooperatives. Engr. Pabuna is currently the Engineering Head of WESTCO Electrical and Equipment Corp.
Engr. Alex Castro, REE
Engr. Castro’s exposure to testing of substation apparatus such as power transformers, potential transformers, current transformers, circuit breakers, disconnect switches and surge arresters equip him with the technical knowledge and experience to share in his seminars. His experience also comes from Meralco Industrial Engineering Services Corp. as a Project Supervisor. He is currently the Section Head of the Engineering department for WESTCO Electrical and Equipment Corp.
|Wed, Thu, Fri||08:00 AM — 05:00 PM|
|Tue, Wed, Thu|
|No. of Days:||3|
Our highest regard for distinction has been built on the principle of global standards; we believe that prospects for development are abundant but the skills necessary to be a successful practitioner are often beyond university learning. Hence, we are committed to equip you with the international standard knowledge and the necessary competence to prosper in the ever-evolving industry.
Our board of directors and management team are experts in their field; they bring with them, more than 100 years of collective experience and knowledge in the academe and engineering industry.