Much has been said about running agile projects. However, most courses talk about the development approach to agile projects and not so much on the management approach. As projects become more complex and approaches vary, the need to complement traditional (waterfall) methods with new approaches becomes a necessity. This two-day course is geared towards the project manager who is managing agile projects – regardless of the development methodology and industry. Based completely on PMI’s Agile Practice Guide and with references to the PMBOK® Guide – 6th Edition, you are guaranteed to come off this training fully equipped to manage any type of agile project for any type of industry. Learn today and lead tomorrow.At the end of this course participants should be able to
- Describe the concepts of Agile and the different approaches
- Determine what is the preferred approach for each type of project
- Prepare his/her organization to have an Agile Mindset
- Apply some of the Agile Practices in his/her workplace
- Describe the considerations needed to establish an agile-ready organization
- Understanding Agile
- Selecting Life Cycles
o Characteristics of Project Life Cycles
- When is Agile suited for a Project
- Hybrid Life Cycles
- Agile and Predictive
- Majority Predictive with some Agile
- Majority Agile with some Predictive
- Hybrid Life Cycles
- Creating an Agile Mindset
- Delivering in an Agile Environment
- Backlog Preparation
- Backlog Refinement
- Daily Stand-ups
- Planning for Iteration-Based Agile
- Execution Practices that helps team deliver value
- How iterations and increments help deliver working product
- Enabling the organization to be Agile-ready
|No. of Days:||2|
Crossworks is a management and leadership training & consulting company based in the Philippines. We provide corporate training, courseware design and development, as well as various consulting services in the field of management, leadership, organizational development, and competency enhancement. We are known for our project management and design thinking courses which have been sought after and considered the best available.
As an organization, our mission is to develop the leaders of tomorrow, today through the use of alternative learning strategies that we believe are more effective for tomorrow's leaders. We envision tomorrow's leaders to be equipped to handle future challenges that are emerging today.
We are not a traditional training organization. While we see immense value in traditional classroom based training, we know that there could be better ways of doing things.
We deliberately redesign our corporate training courses to ensure that they will be done in the most effective way possible. Training courses tend to lose their value if the knowledge gathered is not retained properly. We address these by introducing new and fun approaches to learning. We incorporate concepts of game design, we use learner centered approaches to teaching, we maximize technology to augment the learning experience. The result is a very memorable training course that participants would love to take again and again. ...