Recent history has seen drastic changes in the way personal data is being collected and handled by businesses. The dependence on data to drive routine businesses and utilizing it for innovation have raised potential threats and risks to the privacy of individuals. Data privacy is the right of an individual to control how personal information is collected, with whom it is shared, and how it is processed, retained, or deleted. Better understanding the laws of privacy and data protection will enable you to
protect your organization and safeguard the customers’ personal information.
IMPORTANCE OF DATA PRIVACY
The way technology is advancing, and the way data collection is becoming more and more sophisticated (with or without knowledge of the consumer), it is important for individuals to have some control over their personally identifiable information (PII) and personal health information (PHI) i.e. what needs to be disclosed/ not to be disclosed, where PII & PHI should be used (purpose), etc. As a result, data privacy has emerged as one of the most significant aspects of today’s world. Apart from regulatory
requirements, protecting the privacy of data reduces the risk of costly incidents, and reputational harms as well.
WHY DATA PRIVACY?
Data privacy is the right of an individual to have control over what personal information can be collected and how is it used. Many consider data privacy to be the most significant consumer protection issue today. The risk of PII being exposed to unauthorized personnel has increased many folds and high-profile data breaches have created heightened concern about how data may be protected and kept private. Compliance requirements for data privacy are getting more complex as different jurisdictions enact their data
OBJECTIVE OF CDPP PROGRAM
- Overview of privacy and data protection for the global organization
- Provide methods for protecting privacy using the Fair Information Principles
- Identify local and global laws and regulations that pertain to data protection
- Identify strategies for managing compliance issues related to different privacy laws and data protection acts
- Implementing data security in practice
- A useful privacy framework
REGULATIONS TO BE COVERED
- EU’s General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR)
- The Privacy Deregulation Act 2018, Austria
- Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act of 1996 (HIPAA)
- California Consumer Privacy Act (CCPA)
- The California Online Privacy Protection Act (CalOPPA)
- The personal Information Protection and Electronic Documents Act, Canada (PIPEDA)
- Bundesdatenschutzgesetz, Germany (BDSG)
- Personal Data Protection Bill 2018, India
- Data Privacy Act of 2012, Philippines
- Privacy Act 1988, Australia
Date: August 17-20, 2020
Time: 2:00 PM to 6:00 PM (Philippine Time)
Duration: 4 hours every day for 4 consecutive days
TRAINING INVESTMENT FEE: USD 100 +12%VAT
DOWNLOAD COURSE OUTLINE
Call: +63 999-798-5516 | +63 917-836-5612
Email: [email protected]
Embrace the change. Enhance your set of skills. Keep on learning. We are with you every step of the way.
|Mon, Tue, Wed, Thu||02:00 PM — 06:00 PM|
|No. of Days:||4|
|No. of Participants:||50|
GCSS Inc. was formed to build the sustainability capabilities of the corporations in Philippines. With the strong experience of implementing process, strategies, disclosures on sustainability; we firmly believe in effective integration and alignment of Sustainability principles in practice to operational process to achieve the desired result.
Sustainability does not only focus on environmental, social and economic performance but operational efficiency is also very critical. Our aim at GCSS is to ensure organizations become more sustainable in all aspects of operations.