ServSafe is a one-day training course with certification exam. It is a widely-recognized food safety program registered under the Educational Foundation of the National Restaurant Association based in Chicago, U.S.A. The certificate, which is valid for 5 years
for successful examinees, is useful for food handlers who want to work in the US, Canada, Australia and New Zealand.
ServSafe provides high-quality education and training for all levels of employees of the restaurant, food service and hospitality industry. It enables participants to learn science-based information on how to run a safe establishment by focusing on all aspects
of handling food.
What you will learn in this course:
- The Importance of Food Safety
- Good Personal Hygiene
- Time and Temperature Control
- Preventing Cross-Contamination
- Cleaning and Sanitizing
- Safe Food Preparation
- Receiving and Storing Food
- Methods of Thawing, Cooking, Cooling and Reheating Food
- Food Safety Management Systems
Detailed Course Outline:
I. Providing Safe Food
II. Forms of Contamination
III. The Safe Food Handler
IV. The Flow of Food: An Introduction
V. The Flow of Food: Purchasing, Receiving, Storage
VI. The Flow of Food: Preparation
VII. The Flow of Food: Service
VIII. Food Safety Management Systems
IX. Safe Facilities and Pest Management
X. Cleaning and Sanitizing
Antonio “ Anthony” I. Herrera Jr.
- Mr. Herrera has joined Ecolab in 2002 and currently the Technical Manager (Lead Chemist) of Research and Development Department of Ecolab Philippines, Inc.
- He is an active ServSafe Instructor and Proctor (Reg#2062476) since 2004, thus conducting ServSafe trainings for 13 years now.
- Mr. Herrera holds a master’s degree in Business Administration (MBA) from the De La Salle University in 2014.
- He obtained his bachelor’s degree in Science in Food Technology from the Polytechnic University of the Philippines in 2000.