COACH E offers 3 modules during the school year with 8 sessions each and 1.5-2 hours per session
COURSE MODULES 1: INTRODUCTION
- Motor skills coordination through ball handling,
dribbling, passing, and shooting.
- Familiarity with and understanding the basic skills.
- Values: Discipline
COURSE MODULES 2: SYNCHRONIZATION
- Synchronization of the four basic basketball skills.
- Introduction of individual defense through
incorporating footwork and balance in the routine
for a total game development.
- Prepares students for speedy and well-coordinated movements.
- Values: Hardwork and perseverance
COURSE MODULES 3: APPLICATION
- Team concepts.
- Application of skills and principles from earlier modules.
- Simulated instructional environment.
- Application of the game rules in an actual game.
- Values: Teamwork, time management, leadership
The program is divided into two parts and would include teach the following fundamental skills:
- Fundamentals – Balance and footwork, ball handling and dribbling, passing and catching, rebounding, individual defense and shooting form.
- Shot Training – Stationary and moving lay-up with the dominant and non-dominant hand, free throw form, recognizing the three common cause for missed shots, developing shot consistency during games, individual offensive moves with
and without the ball.
- Process - Students undergo skills evaluation to determine their performance level and are assigned to a group with the same skill level.
- Purpose - This assured maximum attention, quality instruction and repetition of drills.
- Instruction - This program employs individual coaching that offers the student the maximum learning experience with immediate results. Thus, significant improvement is experienced in a shorter period of time.
- Teaching Progress - The program uses the following progression for instruction:
- Slow to fast
- Basic to advance
- Old skills to new skills
- Individual to team