“Research to Practice,” the conference will integrate research and practice, reflecting the need for evidence-based and practice informed strategies and interventions within this diverse field.
Topical areas include:
- Autism Spectrum Disorder
- Intellectual Disability
- Multiple Disabilities
- Assistive & Adaptive Technology
- Paraprofessionals/Shadow Teachers
- Early Childhood
- Inclusion Program for ASD, ID and Other Developmental Disorders
- Post-Secondary and Transition Planning /Employment
- Assessment and Individualized Education Plan Development (IEP)
- Program Modifications and Accommodations
Speaker's Profile: Lolita D. Serrano, Ph.D. SPED
- a Special Education Specialist/Consultant, who has spent over 26 years specializing and working in the field of special education and early childhood education.
- She is a well known presenter in various seminar-workshops both locally and internationally (e.g. Japan, Korea, Macau, Hong Kong, Beijing, Israel, Canada and US.A.).
- Lolita's work experience includes School Administration with programs in Inclusive Education in Early Intervention, Elementary and Transition to Adulthood. She conducts non–discriminatory Multi-Factored Psycho-educational Assessment and translates the same into SMART Individualized Education Plan.
- She worked as a Case Manager at Massaponax High School, Spotsylvania County Schools, Virginia, USA, where she had various trainings including the use of high/low technology for exceptional children, MANDT Training, IEP Online among other things.
- She gained her MA degree in Education, with two major subjects in Giftedness and Mental Retardation at the University of the Philippines-Diliman; she completed her Ph.D. in Special Education at the University of Perpetual Help System Dalta Las Piñas; on-going Education degree. She also had continuing American Education (Applied Behavior Analysis) at Shenondoah University, Virginia, USA.
- A recipient of KAWAYAN AWARD as one of the most outstanding citizens of Las Pinas City in 1997;
- Also a recipient of one of the most prestigious awards conducted nationwide by the Federation of HAMIS Winners of the Philippines, German Technical Cooperation and Department of Health for her meritorious project in the community-based rehabilitation (aka CBR) for children with disabilities in the City of Las Piñas.
- She received numerous citations from different institutions such as Council for Exceptional Children, Virginia, U.S.A., Kapuso Mo, Jessica Soho TV Program, Linawin Natin, IBC Channel 13, Hosted by Jarius Bondoc and Mega Magazine’s 1st Year Anniversary (Column: Doing The Right Thing, in 1997); a regular guest in “Rise & Shine” UNTV, a Public Service Show where she advocates awareness of various exceptionalities to name a few.
- Currently, she trains SPED Teachers who are bound to teach in the USA and Asian countries under the Certificate in Special Education (American Context) which she developed for R.E.A.C.H., INC. an organization where she is the founder and President/Director as well. Lolita concentrates on all the aspects of Special Education and Early Childhood Education and Care keeping abreast on the latest trends and issues in the field.
The Resources for Educational and Allied Consultancy Habitat (R.E.A.C.H.), Inc. is a private organization committed to upholding the highest level of education standard towards the promotion of skills training and facilitation of immigration assistance by offering consultancy and immigration services.
It is the philosophy of the R.E.A.C.H., Inc. of providing a holistic education program geared towards the development of well-rounded and competent professional workers. Further, it aims to financially empower the Filipino citizenry through our program offerings: immigration and consultancy services.
To equip students with an intensive training adaptive to the latest trends and innovation taking into consideration foreign lands’ distinct socio-cultural processes. In addition, it provides immigration information and consultancy assistance. Thus, Resources for Educational and Allied Consultancy Habitat (R.E.A.C.H.), Inc shall endeavor to:
- Promote skills aptly suited to the needs of Canada, USA & other countries of the world market for professional workers.
- Empower students with important pieces of information towards intelligent utilization and maximization of their resources in securing a job in Canada, USA and other countries of the world. ...
Resources for Educational & Allied Consultancy Habitat (R.E.A.C.H.), Inc
2nd Floor Uniwide Sales Metro Mall, #43 Real St., Pamplona