COSHH (Control of Substance Hazardous to Health) is a new law that requires the employer to control substances that are hazardous to the employees’ health. Businesses are required to control or manage harmful and chemical products that could end up harming the work process. The Level 2 – COSHH course is designed for supervisors and employers who have subordinated working under them and must be responsible when conducting these assessments. Employees can be impacted by workplace hazards and the employer must make the employees’ health their primary objective. The course will give individuals insight on tackling hazardous substances, understanding health risks and how to control and work safely around it.
The Level 2 – COSHH course will feature key discussions such as an understanding on substances covered by legislation, regulation, personal protective equipment and prevention.
The Control of Substances Hazardous to Health Regulations Act was introduced in 2002 to give employers a clear view of hazardous substances and how they can protect employees by adhering to the proper legislation. Employees as much as their employers should receive full training of COSHH to ensure that tasks are carried out in the workplace in a safe manner. Workplaces hazards must be identified and safety measures implemented to ensure workers are safeguarded at all times.
1: The Control Of Substances Hazardous To Health
2: Health Problems
3: Identifying Hazardous Substances
4: Controlling Hazardous Substances
5: Coshh Regulations
What will I learn?
- Employers must have a clear understanding of harmful and chemical substances and how to control and manage them in the workplace.
- Learn the risks in substances and controls.
- Have an understanding of COSHH law and provide employees with the necessary training to keep the workplace safe.
- Learn the different types of hazardous substances and the harm that it can cause your workers.
- Learn the principles of controlling the risks of hazardous substances.
- Understand the legal responsibility of protecting employees and the reputation of the business.
The course will be directly delivered to you, and you have 12 months access to the online learning platform from the date you joined the course. The course is self-paced and you can complete it in stages, revisiting the lectures at any time.
Who is this Course aimed at?
- The COSHH training is suitable for employees of all levels and working in multiple professions
- Managers and Supervisors
- New employees who are taking the induction training in COSHH risk assessment
- The course is suitable for all levels of employees, supervisors and managers
- Anyone with an interest in understanding more on hazardous substances within the workplace and how to handle their work safely
Method of Assessment
At the end of the Level 2 – COSHH you will be evaluated through an online multiple choice exam. In order to complete this program successfully and gain your professional qualification.
Those who successfully complete the course will be awarded the Level 2 Certificate in COSHH by the Chartered Institute of Environmental Health. It will make you valuable to employers, and your motivation at gaining new skills will be recognised.
CIEH (The Chartered Institute of Environmental Health) has been supporting professionals since 1883 and an awarding body for the environmental health sector. CIEH has been instrumental in developing several environmental standards in the public and health sectors contributing greatly to the overall wellbeing on a global scale. They set a high standard of improving public health and influencing policy. They provide educational opportunities and training for environmental health professionals working across the public and private sectors. It is with a vision to provide and support a healthier, cleaner and safer environment for all.
Progression and Career Path
Once you successfully complete the Level 2 – COSHH you will gain an accredited qualification that will give your career the jumpstart you have always wanted. With this qualification you can further expand your education or go onto work in numerous positions that will also put you in line to demand a higher salary or job promotion. The average UK salary per annum is calculated according to https://www.payscale.com. The certification will enable employees in the capacity of Junior and Senior workers, including Supervisors and Managers to gain high earning positions within the industry.
- Health and Safety Manager – £34,738 per annum
- Health and Safety Coordinator – £22,186per annum
- Environmental Health and Safety Manager – £40,329 per annum
- Environmental Health and Safety Officer – £26,683 per annum
- Written and designed by the industry’s finest expert instructors with over 15 years of experience
- Repeat and rewind all your lectures and enjoy a personalised learning experience
- Gain access to quality video tutorials
- Unlimited 12 months access from anywhere, anytime
- Save time and money on travel
- Learn at your convenience and leisure
- Eligible for a NUS discount card
- Free Career Support Service
- 25% Discount on personal Statement and covering letter writing service
- Free Access to Over 150 courses for 2 days (48 hours)
- Free access to course before you purchase (For selected courses only)
|No. of Days:||365|
We believe that online learning should be modern and innovative, which is why we created 1Training. Offering courses on a wide range of topics, we can help you find the career of your dreams, and will help you every step of the way. Cutting edge teaching techniques, a wide range of topics, and the personal touch is our recipe for deliciously simple learning. If you don’t believe us, just ask the 10,000+ people we’ve already helped to realise their full potential.
We encourage you to chase your personal and professional goals, no matter where you are, or what your schedule is. We enable people everywhere to learn, by providing industry relevant higher education to a diverse student population through innovative technology and experience teachers.
There are endless benefits to online learning. You can take the classroom with you, and will not be burdened by timetables, or travel costs. In a classroom you may have to fight for the teacher’s attention, but with 1Training you are the star pupil, and will be sent top-notch learning material to sink your teeth into.
Successful 1Training students will gain relevant certification, many of which are recognised by professional institutions. Assessment and grading are made simple, speedy, and fuss free, so you don’t have to worry about it. Depending on the course, you might also be assessed in a real working environment. ...