If you wish to work in a premise where alcohol is sold, you must be a personal license holder. The Level 2 – Personal License Holder course will look at licensing authorities, police powers, responsibilities of the personal license holder, responsible retail of alcohol and safeguarding children from harm. A personal license holder must learn the responsibility of serving alcohol to the public without attempting to harm them. This is a legal requirement in England and Wales.
The Level 2 – Personal License Holder course will cover a wide range of topics such as providing learners with an overview of alcohol licensing, understanding about the premises license, the process to apply for a personal license, the effects of alcohol, governing licensed premises and the effects of alcohol.
The Licensing Act was introduced in 2003 with the objective that the personal license holder must take their responsibilities of serving alcohol to the public seriously. Anyone who authorises selling alcohol to the public must have this qualification. The license will protect vulnerable people from alcohol, give individuals an understanding of prohibitions and exemptions and license to work in partnerships and temporary events.
1: Alcohol Licensing Overview
2: Understanding The Premises Licence
3: Applying For A Personal Licence
4: Alcohol And Its Effects
5: The Personal Licence Holder’s Role
6: Protecting Children From Alcohol
7: Governing Licensed Premises
8: Revising For Licensing Qualification
What will I learn?
- Have a clear understanding of the roles and responsibilities of licensing authorities within the personal licensing framework.
- Have an understanding of the legal responsibilities and the penalties associated to the failure to comply with the law.
- Learn about the duties of the designated premise supervisor.
- Learn about police power and suspension or closure of licensed premises.
- An understanding of the strengths of alcoholic drinks and its effects on people.
- To protect children from the harmful effects of alcohol.
- The responsible retail of alcohol.
The course will be directly delivered to you, and you have 12 months access to the online learning platform from the date you joined the course. The course is self-paced and you can complete it in stages, revisiting the lectures at any time.
Who is this Course aimed at?
- Supervisors and Managers
- Anyone who wants to further their knowledge in personal license holder
- The course is suitable for supervisors and managers
- Anyone with an interest in enhancing their knowledge on personal license holder
Method of Assessment
At the end of the Level 2 – Personal License Holder you will be evaluated through an online multiple choice exam. In order to complete this program successfully and gain your professional qualification.
Those who successfully complete the course will be awarded the Level 2 Certificate in Personal License Holder by the Chartered Institute of Environmental Health. It will make you valuable to employers, and your motivation at gaining new skills will be recognised.
CIEH (The Chartered Institute of Environmental Health) has been supporting professionals since 1883 and an awarding body for the environmental health sector. CIEH has been instrumental in developing several environmental standards in the public and health sectors contributing greatly to the overall wellbeing on a global scale. They set a high standard of improving public health and influencing policy. They provide educational opportunities and training for environmental health professionals working across the public and private sectors. It is with a vision to provide and support a healthier, cleaner and safer environment for all.
Progression and Career Path
Once you successfully complete the Level 2 – Personal License Holder you will gain an accredited qualification that will give your career the jumpstart you have always wanted. With this qualification you can further expand your education or go onto work in numerous positions that will also put you in line to demand a higher salary or job promotion. The average UK salary per annum is calculated according to https://www.payscale.com. The certification will enable Supervisors and Managers to gain high earning positions within the industry. Individuals can progress to hospitality or management qualifications.
- Licensing Manager – £30,103 per annum
- Health and Safety Manager – £34,738 per annum
- Health and Safety Coordinator – £22,186 per annum
- Environmental Health and Safety Manager – £40,329 per annum
- Environmental Health and Safety Officer – £26,683 per annum
- Written and designed by the industry’s finest expert instructors with over 15 years of experience
- Repeat and rewind all your lectures and enjoy a personalised learning experience
- Gain access to quality video tutorials
- Unlimited 12 months access from anywhere, anytime
- Save time and money on travel
- Learn at your convenience and leisure
- Eligible for a NUS discount card
- Free Career Support Service
- 25% Discount on personal Statement and covering letter writing service
- Free Access to Over 150 courses for 2 days (48 hours)
- Free access to course before you purchase (For selected courses only)
|No. of Days:||365|