Business owners and food handlers must comply with the Food Safety Act 1990 and Food Hygiene Regulations 2005. According to the regulations, food establishments must ensure that individuals working in food processing and manufacturing are trained, instructed and supervised in food safety and manufacturing. The Level 2 – Food Safety for Food Manufacturing is designed for food handlers and manufacturers to learn to comply with food manufacturing regulations and ensure that food is prepared and stored hygienically.
The Level 2 – Food Safety for Food Manufacturing course will introduce learners to a wide range of topics such as the principles of food safety and manufacturing practices, personal hygiene and a safe cleaning environment, basics of food safety hazards, safe food storage and temperature control.
The Level 2 – Food Safety for Food Manufacturing course benefit individuals working in food processing, manufacturing, packing, food assembly and food storage. The Level 2 – Food Safety for Food Manufacturing certification is nationally
recognised by local authorities and environmental health officers across the United Kingdom.
1: Introduction To Food Safety
2: The Law
3: Food Safety Hazards
4: Temperature Controls
5: Heat Processing Of Foods
6: Food Handlers
7: Food Storage
9: Food Premises And Equipment
What will I learn?
- Learn the common terms of food safety and hygiene associated to industry practices and legislation.
- Learn about food-borne illnesses and how it can affect people.
- Understand food safety hazards, how they arise, how it can be controlled and prevented.
- Learn the best practices to preserve food safely, how to use the appropriate temperature controls and storage.
- Learn about personal hygiene and why it is important from first aid, hand washing, protective clothing and appearance.
- Learn about the correct cleaning procedures in a food establishment.
The course will be directly delivered to you, and you have 12 months access to the online learning platform from the date you joined the course. The course is self-paced and you can complete it in stages, revisiting the lectures at any time.
Who is this Course aimed at?
- Food business operators
- Food factories
- Meat cutting plants
- Vegetable packing
- The course is suitable for all levels of employees, supervisors and managers who work with and directly handle food and food processing
- Anyone with an interest in food safety and food manufacturing, packaging and storage industry
Method of Assessment
At the end of the Level 2 – Food Safety for Food Manufacturing you will be evaluated through an online multiple choice exam. In order to complete this program successfully and gain your professional qualification.
Those who successfully complete the course will be awarded the Level 2 Certificate in Food Safety for Food Manufacturing by the Chartered Institute of Environmental Health. It will make you valuable to employers, and your motivation at gaining new skills will be recognised.
CIEH (The Chartered Institute of Environmental Health) has been supporting professionals since 1883 and an awarding body for the environmental health sector. CIEH has been instrumental in developing several environmental standards in the public and health sectors contributing greatly to the overall wellbeing on a global scale. They set a high standard of improving public health and influencing policy. They provide educational opportunities and training for environmental health professionals working across the public and private sectors. It is with a vision to provide and support a healthier, cleaner and safer environment for all.
Progression and Career Path
Once you successfully complete the Level 2 – Food Safety for Food Manufacturing you will gain an accredited qualification that will give your career the jump start you have always wanted. With this qualification you can further expand your education or go onto work in numerous positions that will also put you in line to demand a higher salary or job promotion. The average UK salary per annum is calculated according to https://www.payscale.com. The certification will enable employees in the capacity of junior and senior workers, including Supervisors and Managers to gain high earning positions within the industry.
- Health & Safety Coordinator – £22,186 per annum
- Health & Safety Manager – £34,738 per annum
- Environmental Health & Safety Manager – £40,329 per annum
- Written and designed by the industry’s finest expert instructors with over 15 years of experience
- Repeat and rewind all your lectures and enjoy a personalised learning experience
- Gain access to quality video tutorials
- Unlimited 12 months access from anywhere, anytime
- Save time and money on travel
- Learn at your convenience and leisure
- Eligible for a NUS discount card
- Free Career Support Service
- 25% Discount on personal Statement and covering letter writing service
- Free Access to Over 150 courses for 2 days (48 hours)
- Free access to course before you purchase (For selected courses only)
|No. of Days:||365|
We believe that online learning should be modern and innovative, which is why we created 1Training. Offering courses on a wide range of topics, we can help you find the career of your dreams, and will help you every step of the way. Cutting edge teaching techniques, a wide range of topics, and the personal touch is our recipe for deliciously simple learning. If you don’t believe us, just ask the 10,000+ people we’ve already helped to realise their full potential.
We encourage you to chase your personal and professional goals, no matter where you are, or what your schedule is. We enable people everywhere to learn, by providing industry relevant higher education to a diverse student population through innovative technology and experience teachers.
There are endless benefits to online learning. You can take the classroom with you, and will not be burdened by timetables, or travel costs. In a classroom you may have to fight for the teacher’s attention, but with 1Training you are the star pupil, and will be sent top-notch learning material to sink your teeth into.
Successful 1Training students will gain relevant certification, many of which are recognised by professional institutions. Assessment and grading are made simple, speedy, and fuss free, so you don’t have to worry about it. Depending on the course, you might also be assessed in a real working environment. ...