The problem with HIPAA compliance is that it permeates so many aspects of your practice. Here are a few more examples of areas that could be HIPAA time bombs unless you take action immediately:
- Social Media
- Patient Information Access
- Patient reminder calls
- Release of Information (to both patients and other providers)
- Family Member Request for Information
- Prescription Pick-up
- Charging patients to make copies
- Addressing patients by name
- Putting Charts Outside Exam Rooms
- Fax Requests
- Waiting Room Breaches Etc.
No doubt about it, HIPAA is complicated. It is a massive government document, and is anything but user friendly. But in only 60 minutes, you can get everything you need to protect your practice from the most common front-desk HIPAA violations. Don't waste another minute. Protect your dental practice and sign up for this must-attend training today.
Why should you Attend: In only 60-minutes, you'll receive the specific actions necessary to protect you from the most common front desk HIPAA violations - and if you don't think your office has any, think again. Rhonda's session will help you ensure your front-desk staff are trained to identify violations before they get you in trouble, and successfully handle even the most challenging patient complaint.
HIPAA compliance makes your front-desk staff more important than ever. How they handle their everyday duties and interact with your patients can not only cause you to get audited, but it can also be the source of hefty penalties and fines that you are left to pay. Accordingly, to avoid a HIPAA audit, the way your front desk has always done things may not work any longer.
Areas Covered in the Session:
- Finally understand routine vs non-routine disclosures and never violate this HIPAA standard again
- Halt sticky notes from landing you in legal hot water
- Dodge discarded patient information violations - even the smallest piece of paper matters
- Stop patient HIPAA complaints in their tracks with proven protocol
- Incorporate email signatures that protect everyone in your office
- Protect customer info on your computer screen with simple to follow policy
- Modify your check-in process quickly and inexpensively
- And so much more
Who Will Benefit:
- Registration Staff
- Front Desk Staff
- Patient Access Staff
- Front Desk Team Members
- Medical Record Personnel
- Clerical Workers and Anyone who Shares the Responsibility of the Front Desk Operations
Rhonda Granja is a certified professional coder and certified medical assistant. Rhonda has been in the medical office profession since 1990 and is currently working as an independent medical consultant. She has been involved extensively in medical advocacy. Rhonda has done the necessary follow-up work and has a proven track record for winning insurance appeals. She is involved with multiple medical groups and has also developed staff motivation techniques. Rhonda enjoys sharing her experience and knowledge with others in this profession.
Apr 11, 2019
|10:00 AM — 11:00 AM|
|No. of Days:||1|
• They can get the benefit of advice from experts in the field.
• Healthcare professionals will have the flexibility of viewing recorded webinars at their convenience.
• MentorHealth offers online interactive participation. Using this, healthcare professionals, no matter which part of the world they are based in, will have the opportunity to listen to and interact with some of the most accomplished experts in the healthcare Industry.
MentorHealth is driven by a core objective –that of being a platform for learning and discussion to address some of the important issues and challenges that the healthcare community, consisting of healthcare workers from doctors to nurses to other support staff, is up against in today‘s scenario. Various aspects of healthcare, such as Meaningful Use, Patient Protection and Affordable Care, HIPAA, HITECH Act, Stark and Anti Kickback Act, Valid Consent, Patient Safety and Process Improvement, Patient Safety and Quality Outcomes, Healthcare Information Technology Standards Panel (HITSP), Substance Abuse and Mental Health Records, Nursing Informatics, Healthcare Disclosure, Electronic Transactions Standards such as 5010 and ICD-10, Electronic Health Records, Stimulus Code, Healthcare Information Exchange, Healthcare Information Technology, Medical Necessity, Personal Health Records, Clinical Decision Support, Financial Management and ROI, Electronic Prescribing, Healthcare Information Systems, Clinical Informatics, Insurance Claim Appeals, Auto ID and Bar Coding, Integration and Interoperability, Risk Management in the Retention and Destruction of Medical Records and Medical Records Law, to name just a few, are covered. ...
Netzealous LLC - MentorHealth
39658 Mission Boulevard, Fremont, CA 94539, USA.